|2 each eggs|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|2 tbsp water|
|1 pinch salt|
|1 1/2 cup flour|
- Place the eggs, oil, water and salt in a food processor. Process to combine. Add flour. Process until the dough just comes together. Remove from the processor and knead a few times until the dough is smooth. Tightly wrap in plastic and let sit for at least 10 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- Roll the pasta in a pasta roller to thin sheets. Cut the sheet in half. Dust the pasta well with flour. Starting at one end, roll the pasta into a somewhat tight log. Cut the pasta to the desired width. Unroll the pasta and lightly toss with flour so it is coated and doesn’t stick. Pasta can be kept for about an hour before cooking.
Ingredients: Preparing the Dish
|1 whole duck leg confit (remove the bone)|
|2 small shallots – carmalized|
|1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios|
|3 tbsp butter|
|6 each fresh sage leaves|
|1/4 cup finely grated parmesan reggiano|
- Put a large stock pot of water on boil. When it reaches a rolling boil, add 1/4 cup of salt to the water.
- In a saute pan over low heat melt the butter. Add the sage leaves and then cook the pasta.
- Put the fresh pasta in the boiling water and stir a few times. Fresh pasta takes about 2 minutes to cook. Drain the pasta but keep a cup of the pasta water.
- Turn the saute to high and add the pasta. Add the duck and about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Toss to distribute the water and create a sauce. Add a little more pasta water if desired to create a silky sauce.
- Add the shallots to the pasta and portion into 4 bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan and chopped pistachios. Serve immediately.